Saturday, November 10, 2007

thankful for.....


On Alisa's blog she is going to post a blessing a day for the rest of the month. I am going to borrow this idea from her and post things I am thankful for. So for today I am thankful for my fridge....When we moved into this house it didn't have a fridge. Our good friends the Mills (hi Julie) gave us their old one. It worked great until one day it just gave up. We had a great neighbor named Jack who sold used appliances and who had been over to fix my dryer several times. I went over to his house and he gave me a great deal on our "NEW" fridge. It is a lot bigger and now I can fit more ice cream in the freezer. The only thing is it makes funny noises, but I could live with it. Well today we all went to the store and I put some drinks in the freezer so when I got back they would be cold...anyway when we came back they weren't cold and the ice cream was melted! I just can't afford a new fridge right now and I just got sick thinking of the guest that are coming to stay over Thanksgiving. As I started getting things cleaned out I saw that it was turned "OFF". OH the JOY! Yeah! Relief! So today I am thankful for a fridge that works!!!! I know that one day soon it will go out on us, but it works today and for that I am grateful.......
PS.... this is not what my fridge looks like!!

4 comments:

Alisa said...

I appreciate your post today...sometimes we need a little something to remind us of what our blessings are!
I bet you were so relieved!

Meghan said...

phew!! Hey, we are having family in town for Thanksgiving. What fabulous ideas can you share?

Amber said...

Kim, I wish I could be there to celebrate the thankfulness that you feel for your fridge! I love the idea of posting something you're grateful for everyday! What a great idea, here's a shout out to all the smart ladies in the world of blog! "Holllllaaaaaahhhh!!"

Meghan said...

Okay, so I totally want to meet Amber some day!!